Technology-facilitated coercive control
This practice guide describes the research evidence on technology-facilitated coercive control (TFCC). It covers:
- what TFCC is
- strategies used by perpetrators
- the interaction between face-to-face and technology-facilitated strategies of coercive control
- client groups who may be at an elevated risk of TFCC victimisation
- the impacts of experiencing TFCC
- risks of expecting victim-survivors to stop using technology
- tips for supporting clients who may be experiencing TFCC.
MacDonald, J. B., Truong, M., Willoughby, M., & March, E. (2023). Technology-facilitated coercive control (Practice Guide). Melbourne: Child Family Community Australia, Australian Institute of Family Studies.
- Published: Jun, 2023
- Type: Evidence synthesis
- Read in full